Definición de funnel-web spider en inglés:
Any of a number of spiders that build a funnel-shaped web, in particular:
- ● A large and dangerously venomous Australian spider (genera Atrax and Hadronyche, family Dipluridae, suborder Mygalomorphae). Also called trapdoor spider in Australia ● US A spider of the family Agelenidae.
- An evolutionary biologist at East Carolina University specializes in trapdoor and funnel-web spiders, and tarantulas.
- Australia's most notorious spider, the Sydney funnel-web spider, has not been known to cause any deaths since 1980.
- Those Australian funnel-web spiders that can kill a child within 15 minutes.
Definición de funnel-web spider en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan