Definición de furca en inglés:
sustantivo (plural furcae /-siː, -kiː/)Zoology
1An ingrowth of the thorax of many insects.
- The zocac were sorted according to different morphological features such as length of the telson, lateral carapace spines, midlateral spines on the abdomen, and the number of spines on each furca.
- These taxa have traditionally been included with Echinocaris in the subfamily Echinocaridinae based on overall carapace shape, their thin and rodlike furca, and their lack of a posteroventral spine.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'fork'.
- Example sentences
- These include the presence of true, elongate furcal rami bearing spines in Perspicaris.
- Noting the unusual presence of three furcal setae, Vilela mentioned the possibility of setae having been broken off the specimen.
- The fourth nerve is also called the furcal nerve because it contributes to both the lumbar and sacral plexuses.
Definición de furca en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan