sustantivo (plural furcae /-siː, -kiː/)Zoology
1An ingrowth of the thorax of many insects.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The zocac were sorted according to different morphological features such as length of the telson, lateral carapace spines, midlateral spines on the abdomen, and the number of spines on each furca.
- These taxa have traditionally been included with Echinocaris in the subfamily Echinocaridinae based on overall carapace shape, their thin and rodlike furca, and their lack of a posteroventral spine.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'fork'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These include the presence of true, elongate furcal rami bearing spines in Perspicaris.
- Noting the unusual presence of three furcal setae, Vilela mentioned the possibility of setae having been broken off the specimen.
- The fourth nerve is also called the furcal nerve because it contributes to both the lumbar and sacral plexuses.
Definición de furca en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.