sustantivo (plural furculae /-liː/)Zoology
1The wishbone of a bird.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among other features, birds have a structure that they share with dromaeosaurs: a fused clavicle called the furcula, which serves as a brace during the flight stroke.
- I would like to see if the furcula, or wishbone, is present.
- Well, it is actually a wishbone, the furcula is the wishbone and it is made up of the clavicles fused together in the middle.
mid 19th century: from Latin, diminutive of furca 'fork'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To obtain each fat sample, birds were anesthetized by intramuscular injection with ketamine-rompun and a 2 mm incision was made in the skin overlying the furcular cavity.
- Wing chord length, weight, and a furcular fat score were also determined.
- We detected no differences in the composition of fatty acids in furcular fat, subcutaneous fat, and intraperitoneal fat.
Definición de furcula en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.