sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A colourless liquid used in synthetic resin manufacture, originally obtained by distilling bran.
- An aldehyde derived from furan; chemical formula: C4H3OCHO
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Glucose loses two water molecules and rearranges to form hydroxymethyl furfural, which polymerizes into brown pigments that add flavor and color to the candy.
- Johann Doebereiner,, a German chemist accidentally discovered furfural in 1832 when he treated sugar with sulfuric acid and manganese dioxide.
- Upon further heating, the sucrose forms hydroxymethyl furfural, which polymerizes into a the brown pigments that give color and flavor to the brittle.
late 19th century: from obsolete furfurol (in the same sense) + -al.
Definición de furfural en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.