Definición de furniture en inglés:
1The movable articles that are used to make a room or building suitable for living or working in, such as tables, chairs, or desks.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you are in a room with lots of furniture, tables, chairs, bar stools, etc., use them to your advantage.
- Henny and I sit on one of the two slip-covered red couches - the only furniture in the living room except for two dining tables.
- By contrast, in the center of the first gallery was a room's worth of furniture: a sofa, chair, coffee table, lamp and rug.
2 [usually with adjective or noun modifier] The small accessories or fittings that are required for a particular task or function: the more sophisticated Mac furniture—number wheels, colour pickers, and so on
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They use cheap materials and actually destroy a lot of decent furniture and fittings in the process - if something is considered unfashionable it gets taken out or painted over.
- The company has negotiated a special furniture and fitting package with Harvey Norman for units that have yet to be fitted out.
- Lissadell House will be stripped of its historical furniture and fittings before the new owners take over in December.
part of the furniture
- informal A person or thing that has been somewhere so long as to seem a permanent, unquestioned, or invisible feature of the landscape: I worked for him for so long I became part of the furniture Marx’s views on class and capitalism are part of the furniture of the modern mindMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She's like part of the furniture - people always expect her to be there.
- Having worked in Guiseley for so long, I feel that I am part of the furniture.
- He was obviously a really good con man, giving the impression that he was part of the furniture down at Clifton.
Early 16th century (denoting the action of furnishing): from French fourniture, from fournir, from Old French furnir 'to furnish'.
Palabras que riman con furnitureminiature • temperature
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda