Definición de further en inglés:
adverbio(also farther) Volver al principio
adjetivoVolver al principio
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- All going to plan, this will expose each band to new ears, furthering their own audience development.
- He saw it as the next step in the future of the town and a natural step forward in furthering the aims and objectives of the Development Association.
- More importantly he's furthering his art-form by developing full hour shows.
Is there any difference between further and farther in she moved further down the train and she moved farther down the train? Both words share the same roots: in the sentences given above, where the sense is ‘at, to, or by a greater distance’, there is no difference in meaning, and both are equally correct. Further is a much commoner word, though, and is in addition used in various abstract and metaphorical contexts, for example referring to time, in which farther is unusual, e.g. without further delay; have you anything further to say?; we intend to stay a further two weeks. The same distinction is made between farthest and furthest: the farthest point from the sun versus this first team has gone furthest in its analysis.
further to your (or our) ——
- formal Used at the beginning of a letter or in speech as a way of raising a matter discussed in an earlier letter, article, or conversation: further to our letter of 12th October, we confirm that our client will give full vacant possession on completionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I write further to your recent telephone conversation with one of my colleagues.
- I write with regard to the above and further to our conversation today and I note that you have carried out the following minor works.
- We write further to our correspondence in this matter.
not go any further
- (Of a secret) not be told to anyone else: I feel I can talk to you knowing that whatever I say won’t go any further
until further notice
- Used to indicate that a situation will not change until another announcement is made: the museum is closed to the public until further noticeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All footpaths and bridleways in the East Riding that cross agricultural land have also been closed to the public until further notice.
- After the fire, the office has temporarily suspended services to the public until further notice.
- However the council stressed this week that the precautionary boil water notice will continue until further notice.
until further orders
- Used to indicate that a situation is only to change when another command is received: they were to be kept in prison until further ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To further compound the issue, the government by its order dated May 2, 2005 has ordered not to grant permission for conversation of agricultural land in and around Bangalore until further orders.
- They will wait at this staging area until further orders, and are to be accompanied by the First SAS division.
- General Johnston requests that you slow your men until further orders.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But it must not be supposed that reason is malign, the furtherer of ill counsels only.
- His wicked attempts have proved unsuccessful, and so he has sent you, the instigator and furtherer of this villainy, under pretence of peace to act comme un espion, that is, as a spy upon us.
- To all well-willers and furtherers of Plantations in New England, especially to such as ever have or desire to assist the people of Plymouth in their just proceedings, grace and peace be multiplied.
Palabras que riman con furtherstepbrother
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.