Definición de fustic en inglés:
1 [mass noun] archaic A yellow dye obtained from either of two kinds of timber, especially that of old fustic.
- To one pound of yarn take 1 quarter pound of fustic and a like amount of alum and good lye.
- A comparative series of dyeing experiments made with fustic and Osage orange wood and extracts showed the latter to be of equal value with fustic in regard to depth of colors produced, the amount of extract, the character of the dyeing, and fastness to light, weather, washing, etc.
2 (also old fustic) A tropical American tree with heartwood that yields dyes and other products. See also young fustic.
- Maclura (or Chlorophora) tinctoria, family Moraceae
- This kind of fustic is known as old fustic, or Cuba fustic.
- Yellow dyes are chiefly given us by weld (sometimes called wild mignonette), quercitron bark (above mentioned), and old fustic, an American dye-wood.
- A range of possible colors can be produced by Fustic-tree (also known as old fustic) including bright yellow, yellow, green, bright yellow-green, gold and tan.
Definición de fustic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary