- Therefore, valuable knowledge on vertebrate evolution would be gained by obtaining a complete coelacanth genome sequence.
- Entry was gained by the back door of the premises.
- Entry was gained by forcing the window at the rear of the premises.
- Economic development has played a key role in improving the environment for many millions of people, although many more could gain from its benefits in the future.
- A fine line that should be trod wisely in order to create a future where everyone can gain from the benefits of using this technology.
- Patients in this group stand to gain from the benefit of lower early thrombosis rates with myelosuppressive medications.
- Many people found it difficult to justify the near 88,000 Allied men lost for every one mile gained in the advance.
- ‘I was gaining on the lead Corvette before I was obliged to execute the drive through penalty’ Chris said.
- Within a second, he had gained on me enough to only have to take a step closer to kiss me.
- It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other.
- Bureaucratic inertia propelling toxic waste disposal in Nevada is monumental and increasingly unwavering, gaining speed since 1982.
- Boys and girls did not significantly differ in the perception that their mothers encouraged them to gain weight and increase muscle tone.
- So the area that has had the fat suctioned out of it is less likely to gain weight or increase in fat because there are fewer fat cells in the area.
- The LuSE all share index gained from 1,190.47 points in the previous week to 1,230.10, translating in a rise of 3.32 percentage points.
- The Irish Technology Share Index gained just 0.8 per cent to 5207.02.
- Shares in Smart Telecom gained 1.3% on the London market yesterday, valuing the company at €50m.
- The performances are improving and gaining in confidence.
- The location has been gaining in popularity - so much so that parks officials want to stop renting it out unless the event holds some prestige value for the city.
- This facility, Mary tells us is gaining in popularity.
- It also depends on the constancy of its rate; meaning, that a watch gains or loses the exact same amount of time each day.
- The new clocks would not gain or lose one second in a thousand years.
- More observed an England in which wealth and personal gain had come to mean more than Christian devotion or charity.
- Ruthless pursuit of personal gain is venerated.
- Technically, water remains a public resource, but water license holders can now sell the rights to a public resource for personal gain.
- It is unclear whether screening for diabetes would, in itself, achieve an appreciable health gain.
- The potential gain to the wider public from the results of individual studies must be considered.
- Instead they are trying to saw off the limb onto which the president has climbed in order to achieve short-term political gain.
- A number of factors determine the gain of a laser amplifier, including input signal strength.
- The higher antenna gain allows low-power amplifiers to be used with efficient modulation and coding.
- The auxiliary amplifier is provided within the circuit to increase the gain of the cascode amplifier and has an associated output.
- Obtain extra time to achieve something by deliberate delaying tactics: the government was using the negotiations to gain timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
play for time, stall, procrastinate, delay, use delaying tactics, temporize, hold back, hang back, hang fire, dally, drag one's feet, use dilatory tacticsinformal put something on the back burner
- One use for negotiations, of course, would be to gain time to launder your money, burn the files, destroy the evidence etc…
- The objective is to gain time for markets to recover, if the trustees believe that they will, instead of immediately making irrevocable changes to the fund.
- Realistically, our mission was to delay their advance and gain time by fighting fiercely, imaginatively, courageously-even to the last man.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Power is not my power… It is only gainable as a part of the larger whole.
- The eternal soul known as the atma is not gainable merely by hearing about it.
- Appreciate existence and gain any knowledge gainable.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the Nasdaq, losers beat gainers 2 to 1 as 447 million shares changed hands.
- ‘At the end of the day, pensioners are overall going to be gainers,’ he said.
- Forget the nay-sayers, the ones who talk about profit margins, and the real gainers from this rural sourcing.
Late 15th century (as a noun, originally in the sense 'booty'): from Old French gaigne (noun), gaignier (verb), of Germanic origin.
Palabras que riman con gainabstain, appertain, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, brain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, inane, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, main, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gain
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.