1A small Australian cockatoo with a grey back and rosy pink head and underparts.
- Eulophus roseicapillus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.
- Because of today's down time with Esmeralda, it will be another day that I write about one of Australia's favourite idiots, the beautiful pink and grey galah.
- I mean they have problems with galahs and cockatoos so this sort of balances that.
2Australian informal A stupid person.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One of the supporters of keeping Lismore Lake for birds was out collecting signatures for a petition when she swears, a member of the public came up and said ‘You'll keep the birds on the lake if you get rid of the galahs on the Council.’
- The music industry event Don't Give Up Your Day Job - where music media and record company types make complete galahs of themselves in the name of charity (Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund For Children) - is back.
- The Greenies are galahs too.
make a galah of oneself
- Australian informal Behave in an incompetent or inappropriate way that makes one appear foolish: I’m always making a galah of myselfMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Music media and record company types make complete galahs of themselves in the name of charity.
- You're not making a galah of me, are you?
- Members are aware how difficult it is for anyone to rise in his place here and make a speech without a fair amount of preparation, that is, unless he is going to make a galah of himself.
(as) mad as a gum tree full of galahs
- Australian informal (Of a person) completely mad or irrational; crazy: you’re as mad as a gum tree full of galahs, sliding down that hill!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When they find out who hasn't turned up to play, they'll be as mad as a gum tree full of galahs.
- "She's as mad as a gum tree full of galahs," he wrote of Mandy.
- You're as mad as a gum tree full of galahs. Good luck and try and enjoy it.
Mid 19th century: from Yuwaalaraay (an Aboriginal language of New South Wales).
Palabras que riman con galahaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
Definición de galah en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda