- Relating to or denoting a light and elegant style of 18th-century music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What made him the leading composer of the period, and what led the Leipzig town council to seek him first as their new cantor before settling on Bach as their third choice, was the style galant grace of his music.
- Balbastre's early keyboard pieces have descriptive titles in the manner of Couperin and Rameau, but he gradually turned to writing sonatas in the galant style.
- The writer is shrewd enough not to cite only chorale works but the six trio sonatas, ‘which are written in such galant style that they still sound very good, and never grow old’.
French and German (see gallant).
Más definiciones de galantDefinición de galant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.