- A British gallon is 5 litres, but a US one is less.
- Pump prices have already soared to 81p per litre - £3.68p a gallon - on many forecourts.
- It was announced that garages would switch to selling petrol by the litre instead of the gallon from the following autumn.
- This is also known as water volume which is measured in gallons per minute or litres per minute and the amount of water being thrown at the surface being cleaned.
- This statement is often said by Canadians looking at all the US tourists trying to figure out how to convert litres to gallons.
- The economics of doing that are such that one ends up using the equivalent of six gallons of gasoline to make enough hydrogen to replace one gallon of gasoline.
- Rather than wasting multiple gallons of energized water I should think it would be profitable, if not philanthropic, to bottle it and take it to market.
- What do a few buckets of waste mean anyway, in the grand scheme of things as you bob up and down atop gazillions of gallons of seawater?
- Just as well we're in the country here, with a good breeze and gazillions of gallons of fresh air to sweep it up.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the latest gallonage is added to the existing milk pool, the expansion makes Lakeland the fourth largest dairy milk processor in the country with operations spanning 15 counties.
- Actually, gallonage was down by almost 1 percent.
- Generally, the average high-volume gallonages in California on deciduous trees is about 400 gallons.
This unit of volume for liquids is from Anglo-Norman French galon, from medieval Latin galletum ‘pail, liquid measure’. The origin may be Celtic.
Palabras que riman con gallonAlan, talon
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gal¦lon
Definición de gallon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.