adjetivo (gammier, gammiest)British • informal
- (Especially of a leg) unable to function normally because of injury or chronic pain: he had a gammy leg, it had steel in it or somethingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's like one of those animals that pretends to be a tiny cute blind lamb with a gammy leg in order to sneak up on other lambs, then reveals itself to be a ten-foot-tall murderous roaring monster in sheep's clothing.
- I'm cursing my suddenly gammy leg for keeping me at home.
- White Wells is an historic spa pool on Ilkley Moor where, it is rumoured, a shepherd once had his gammy leg cured by the pure mooorland stream.
mid 19th century (in the sense 'bad, false'): dialect form of game2.
Más definiciones de gammyDefinición de gammy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.