Definición de gangling en inglés:
(Of a person) tall, thin, and awkward in movements or bearing: a gangling youth with a trace of down on his cheeks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Watson was 24, an awkward, gangling American, whose hair, Bill has noted, ‘appears in photographs to be straining to attach itself to some powerful magnet just out of frame’.
- A tall, gangling figure, he simultaneously apologises, flings off his jacket, tells me why his breakfast meeting over-ran and checks his emails, all in a blur of long legs and dark blue suit.
- Yet ‘Little George’, as he is known despite the fact that he is a tall gangling figure, is seen as a new force.
lanky, rangy, wiry, stringy, bony, angular, skinny, skin-and-bones, spindly, spindling, scrawny, thin, spare, gaunt, skeletal, size-zero;
loosely built, loosely jointed;
informal like a bag of bones
- 1gangle verbo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When he gangles on to the stage tonight he tells us that there are going to be new songs (mild applause) and old songs (total pandemonium).
- He gangled over to me and stuck out a pale pink paw.
Palabras que riman con ganglingwrangling
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda