Definición de gannet en inglés:
1A large seabird with mainly white plumage, which catches fish by plunging into the water.
- Genus Morus (or Sula), family Sulidae: three species, in particular the northern gannet (M. bassanus) of the North Atlantic (also called solan goose)
- Here, you can watch seabirds such as gannets and puffins up close - or stay inside and watch live videos, using remote control television cameras, from the nearby seabird colonies.
- While there are few wild animals in Iceland, there is abundant birdlife - ducks, geese and, among the many sea-birds I spotted, petrels, puffins, tern, gannets, skuas and shearwaters.
- Usually you can expect to see great numbers of pelagic birds - gannets, shearwaters, jaegers, storm-petrels, alcids - that live mainly at sea.
Definición de gannet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan