1A native or inhabitant of Gascony.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At that time, much of their territory was seized by Spaniards, Gascons, and Catalans.
- An acquired taste has been created, which suffers under disappointment as cruelly as when the Greenlander is deprived of his whale-blubber, the Gascon of his garlic, and the East Indian of his curry.
- In return the Gascons imported English cloth, leather, and corn.
Relating to Gascony or its people: Gascon wines
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But did they pretend to naval power beyond such dictates, or occasionally commandeering the resources of English merchants trading with Scandinavian, Flemish, or, later, Gascon ports?
- Then, unless you're a Gascon peasant with a farmyard full of ducks and pigs, the shopping alone is going to eat into your house-in - France fund, not to mention occupy you for a good day.
- The expression ‘a Gascon promise’ is only ever used ironically.
Via Old French from Latin Vasco, Vascon-; related to Basque.
Palabras que riman con GasconAlaskan, Madagascan, Nebraskan
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Gas¦con
Definición de Gascon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda