- (In the surgical treatment of obesity) a silicone device placed around the upper section of the stomach, creating a small pouch above the band and thereby restricting the amount of food that can be comfortably eaten: she had a gastric band fitted to help her lose weight [as modifier]: a gastric band operationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In extreme cases people could be offered slimming drugs or operations to help them lose weight such as gastric-band surgery, the BFS said.
- Individuals with chronic weight problems will be offered operations like gastric band surgery in a bid to halt the obesity epidemic in the town.
- The adjustable gastric band is a useful technique to reduce the intake of food by an individual.
Más definiciones de gastric bandDefinición de gastric band en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.