- Awkward or unsophisticated ways: I was ridiculed for my sartorial gaucherie [count noun]: she had long since got over gaucheries such as blushingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the second instance, embarrassment makes Jean infringe the dietary code governing the gouter for which his status as an orphan has earned him an invitation and which only serves to highlight his social inferiority and his gaucherie.
- I have, too, a sort of spiritual gaucherie which makes me unapt to participate in any rite.
- Although he crows endlessly about dating a younger woman, he often seems ashamed by her gaucherie.
late 18th century: French, from gauche (see gauche).
Más definiciones de gaucherieDefinición de gaucherie en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.