Relating to or denoting the ancient Gauls: the Gaulish tribe of Remi
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Roman town of Segustero in the land of the Gaulish tribe of the Vocontii was built at the foot of the impressive hill on which the modern town of Sisteron now stands, but which must have been the site of a hillfort in the pre-Roman period.
- A Gaulish cleric of the fourth century, he succeeded St Martin as Bishop of Tours and behaved so badly that he was driven out of his diocese, but he changed his ways and was greatly revered by the time he died in 444.
- Further Gaulish rebellions and then his appointment as consul in Rome meant that he was never to return to Britain.
The Celtic language of the ancient Gauls.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Why, for that matter, do so few inscriptions survive in ‘British’, or Brythonic, when the Celtic language known as Gaulish was being written down in much of continental Europe?
- He was attracted by the riddle of Celtic, which developed on the continent as Gaulish in ancient France and northern Italy.
- However, few people learn anything about Gaulish or for that matter the other Celtic languages.
Palabras que riman con Gaulishsmallish, tallish
Definición de Gaulish en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda