Definición de gazump en inglés:
verbo[with object] British informal
1Make a higher offer for a house than (someone whose offer has already been accepted by the seller) and thus succeed in acquiring the property: the trio are fuming after they were gazumped by a property speculator (as noun gazumping) gazumping has returned, as there is a shortage of good properties
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yes, it sounds as if the modern digital cellular service has already gazumped the WiFi network idea.
- That committee finally reported last Friday, but the Government had already gazumped it.
- Whereas gazumping gave sellers the upper hand, allowing them to accept 11 th hour bids above the original offer, gazundering turns the tables on them.
- Example sentences
- In Britain we are the worst gazumpers in Europe, with about one in three buyers falling victim.
- Ward off gazumpers and make vendors feel morally bound to proceed, by keeping in touch with everyone involved.
- When prices are rising so quickly, there's plenty of room for a gazumper to step in and offer the buyer a better deal.
Definición de gazump en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan