verbo[with object] British informal
1Make a higher offer for a house than (someone whose offer has already been accepted by the seller) and thus succeed in acquiring the property: the trio are fuming after they were gazumped by a property speculator (as noun gazumping) gazumping has returned, as there is a shortage of good properties
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yes, it sounds as if the modern digital cellular service has already gazumped the WiFi network idea.
- That committee finally reported last Friday, but the Government had already gazumped it.
- Whereas gazumping gave sellers the upper hand, allowing them to accept 11 th hour bids above the original offer, gazundering turns the tables on them.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Britain we are the worst gazumpers in Europe, with about one in three buyers falling victim.
- Ward off gazumpers and make vendors feel morally bound to proceed, by keeping in touch with everyone involved.
- When prices are rising so quickly, there's plenty of room for a gazumper to step in and offer the buyer a better deal.
Definición de gazump en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.