sustantivo (plural geckos or geckoes)
A nocturnal and often highly vocal lizard which has adhesive pads on the feet to assist in climbing on smooth surfaces. It is widespread in warm regions.
- Gekkonidae and related families: numerous genera and species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are many other snakes of all different sizes, as well as chameleons, geckos, lizards, skinks, iguanas, spiders and huge tortoises.
- While living here I have spotted many, including small shiny skinned skinks, geckos (jing-jocks and tokays), and large monitor lizards.
- A wide variety of birds, lizards and marsupials are depicted, including kangaroos, wallabies, goannas, leaf-tail geckoes and many other animals from the region.
late 18th century: from Malay dialect geko, gekok, imitative of its cry.
Definición de gecko en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.