(also gelada baboon)
Definición de gelada en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or geladas)
A brownish baboon with a long mane and naked red rump, native to Ethiopia.
- Theropithecus gelada, family Cercopithecidae
- We also repeated some analyses with data from the researchers, who used foraging-group size for the gelada and hamadryas baboon.
- Similar trends have also been observed for gelada baboons (Theropithecus gelada), in which altitude, which is highly correlated with ambient temperature, was found to correlate negatively with birth rate.
- The current world population of geladas is estimated to be between 100,000-200,000, but subpopulations are isolated, and the species is listed by the United States Endangered Species Act as Threatened.
mid 19th century: from Amharic č'ällada.
Definición de gelada en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan