1Having a jelly-like consistency: a sweet, gelatinous drink
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For contrast, he used dried, powdered fish scales as a thickener in another dish, which ‘added collagen for a thin, shiny, gelatinous consistency.’
- The paste stood out amongst its neighbours on the platter, not for its taste, but for its bright pinkish colour and shiny, gelatinous consistency - a treat to some, but not my personal fave.
- This lesion was brown, irregular in shape, and had a consistency that varied from gelatinous to firm.
1.1Of or like the protein gelatin.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All cyanobacteria are unicellular, though many grow in colonies or filaments, often surrounded by a gelatinous or mucilaginous sheath.
- In my experience, thick gelatinous cyst fluid is simply ‘old’ fluid with high protein content.
- The cyst is filled with soft, gelatinous, sticky, and mucoid fluid.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Half of my breakfast is, indeed, sticking gelatinously to my toes and fingers.
- His nurse entered with a gelatinously floppy bag of IV fluid to hang.
- Other dishes quickly followed, including an octopus carpaccio in which the tentacles had been bound gelatinously together and sliced into what looked like headcheese, and a homemade gnocchi in a subtle pork ragu.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gel¦at¦in|ous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda