- Denoting substituent atoms or groups, especially protons, attached to the same atom in a molecule.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Compounds in which two hydroxyl groups are attached to the same carbon atom (geminal diols) normally cannot be isolated.
- The fellow doing it was down the hall from me in graduate school, and he was doing an obscure reaction which forms a geminal dinitrile, which themselves are rather obscure compounds.
- Particularly in the pathological examination, we discovered that it could activate and proliferate cells in lymph follicles, geminal centre, paracortical zone and medullary cord of lymph nodes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, fluoro-amino acid derivatives have rarely been synthesized because of the inherent instability of the geminally halogenated amine moiety.
- Although the anomeric effect was originally identified in pyranoid rings, its relevance to conformational analysis of geminally hetero-atom substituted carbon chains was immediately obvious.
- One of these involves the properties of amides that are geminally substituted at nitrogen with two heteroatoms, so-called ‘Anomeric Amides’.
1960s: from Latin geminus 'twin' + -al.
Más definiciones de geminalDefinición de geminal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.