1A catlike nocturnal mammal of the civet family with short legs, spotted fur, and a long bushy ringed tail, found in Africa, SW Europe, and Arabia.
- Genus Genetta, family Viverridae: several species, in particular the common (or small-spotted) genet (G. genetta)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Compared to larger carnivores, the smaller species such as genets and mongooses are very poorly understood,’ said De Luca, ‘so one of our aims is to shed more light on this important and secretive group of animals.’
- We have birds and mammals here such as the slender mongoose and large spotted genets that are not rare, but it's still nice to have them in a city like Johannesburg.
- All mongooses are members of a family of small to medium-sized carnivores called the Viverridae, which also includes civets and genets.
1.1 [mass noun] The fur of the genet.
Palabras que riman con genetBennett, jennet, rennet, senate, sennet, sennit, tenet
Definición de genet en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
= de moda