plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
1The study of heredity and the variation of inherited characteristics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I take this to be an invitation to actively study genetics, atmospheric sciences and geology and so on.
- In doing so it has removed many of the limitations in the study of human genetics.
- The study of genetics confirms that we are all extremely closely related biologically.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] The genetic properties or features of an organism, characteristic, etc. the effects of family genetics on the choice of career
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Illnesses and atrocities occur with a frequency related to the country you were born in and your own genetics.
- The first papers on plant molecular population genetics were published approximately 10 years ago.
- To understand further the genetics underlying pulmonary function, we analyzed data from 264 individuals from 26 pedigrees.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gen¦et|ics
Definición de genetics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda