(also • literary geneva)
- Dutch gin: visit a bar to sample the famous Dutch genever [as modifier]: a genever aperitifMás ejemplos en oraciones
- British soldiers campaigning in the Low Countries in the 16th century were so impressed by the effects of a nip of genever as to coin the expression ‘Dutch courage’.
- The restaurant cooks all its dishes in genever - a tasty gin-based Belgian liqueur - and offers fruit-flavoured shots of the stuff at any time throughout the meal.
- Unlike most gin, young, genever is lighter and drier.
early 18th century: from Dutch, from Old French genevre, from an alteration of Latin juniperus (gin being flavoured with juniper berries). The variant spelling is due to association with Geneva.
Más definiciones de geneverDefinición de genever en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.