sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- 1The haploid set of chromosomes in a gamete or microorganism, or in each cell of a multicellular organism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The two haploid genomes of the two gametes are then combined to constitute a new individual.
- No suppressor mutations were isolated from a screen of 104,000 haploid genomes.
- The gymnosperms are characterized by large genomes and relatively low chromosome numbers; polyploidy is rare.
- 1.1The complete set of genes or genetic material present in a cell or organism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The process is repeated using every gene within every genome as the starting gene.
- There are four types of changes that may affect the order of the genes on the bacterial genome.
- This number can be compared with the 40,000 genes thought to be present in the human genome.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A DNA sequence is amplified from genomic DNA or cDNA using a high fidelity polymerase.
- The genomic DNA from all cases is mixed together in a pool and that of controls is mixed in the other pool.
- Almost nothing is known about the evolution and the genomic impact of fish retroelements.
Más definiciones de genomeDefinición de genome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.