Definición de genuine en inglés:
- Latham is showing us all that the next election will be a genuine race, a real battle.
- I want to be able to go over to Brick Lane in the East End to eat a real, genuine London bagel.
- The Real Madrid boss is one of the genuine enigmas of modern football.
- Sorry to a bit all over the place but I am feeling genuine distress and anger at all of this.
- The meeting is open to all with a genuine interest in having a say in the future of their community.
- It is a shame that governments do not have the same genuine compassion shown by ordinary citizens.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'natural or proper'): from Latin genuinus, from genu 'knee' (with reference to the Roman custom of a father acknowledging paternity of a newborn child by placing it on his knee); later associated with genus 'birth, race, stock'.
‘I rather choose to keep to the Language of the Sea, which is more genuine, and natural for a mariner.’ So wrote Woodes Rogers, the English privateer, in 1712. Genuine is used here in its original sense, ‘natural or proper’. The source of the word is Latin genuinus, from genu ‘knee’, with reference to the Roman custom of a father formally acknowledging that a newborn child was his by placing the baby on his knee.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The honesty of the lyrics and genuineness of the performance can leave only the stoniest of souls unmoved.
- It's quite clear now that news broadcaster acted without concern for the genuineness of the documents.
- Personally, I've been a long-time opponent of the armed struggle, but that has never blinded me to the genuineness of the convictions of those engaged in it.
Palabras que riman con genuineMenuhin
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.