- Relating to geodesy, especially as applied to land surveying.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the past three decades he has done extensive geodetic surveying in India and Tibet and completed numerous investigations of historic Indian earthquakes.
- While he could claim to compete in the quality and scope of his cartography and geodetic work, the truly distinguishing feature of his survey was its military tenor.
- Seismologists use geodetic observations such as measurements of tilt and land deformation to predict when an earthquake might be about to take place.
late 17th century: from Greek geōdaitēs 'land surveyor', from geōdaisia (see geodesy).
Más definiciones de geodeticDefinición de geodetic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.