- A giant mud-burrowing bivalve mollusc occurring on the west coast of North America, where it is collected for food. Its shell valves are not large enough to enclose its body and very long siphon.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Panopea generosa, family Hyatellidae
- Common and widely available clam varieties from the Pacific Coast include geoducks, littlenecks, and Manila clams.
- Efforts were made in the 19th century to establish geoducks on the Atlantic coast, but they failed.
- The prized geoduck - the largest burrowing clam in the world - is occasionally found among the gaper clams in Tomales Bay.
late 19th century: from Chinook Jargon.
Más definiciones de geoduckDefinición de geoduck en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.