- 1Relating to geometry, or according to its methods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a remarkable mathematical theory combining powerful algebraic and geometric methods.
- In the next 2000 years no one found an exact geometric method for 7-gons or 9-gons but also no one had proved it was impossible to construct such regular polygons.
- Methods for precise geometric descriptions, necessary for visualization, were formulated later.
- 2Characterized by or decorated with regular lines and shapes: a geometric patternMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These tiles are characterized by slender lines, geometric shapes, or more free-form patterns.
- Libyan artisans use intricate lines and geometric shapes in their carpets, embroidered goods, jewelry, leather goods, tiles, and pottery.
- My newer ties are splashier, with brightly colored splotches, wildly zigzagging lines, and unusual geometric shapes.
- 2.1 (Geometric) Archaeology Relating to or denoting a period of Greek culture (around 900–700 bc) characterized by geometrically decorated pottery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This area along the north slope of the Areiopagos was one of the richest cemeteries of early Athens, in continuous use from the Mycenaean period well into the Geometric era.
- This tradition has its roots in the Protogeometric and Geometric periods and perhaps continues into Classical and Hellenistic times at Lato.
- The horse's head, with a cropped mane that recalls artifacts from ancient Greece's Geometric period, is also gilt, and it is considerably more detailed than the body.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A geometric pattern.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, she replaces bold geometrics with abstracted natural patterns in floor-coverings and uses branch-like forms overhead to make ceilings reminiscent of tree canopies.
- In quilting, geometrics have traditionally imposed the formats, the patterns.
- ‘When we overlay, we look at all the geometrics of the highway,’ Lemire said.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the idea is to form what appears to be easy geometrical patterns, the game is flexible and can be made simple or complex as players need.
- The equal acceleration of the book and the cannonball does indeed require that gravity be geometrical.
- Herschel's successors knew that the way to see further into space was to build bigger mirrors, polished to an exact geometrical curve.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I can't be geometrically accurate about that, but there are proportions that are comfortable and proportions that aren't, and the ceiling height is an important part.
- He thought it would be ineffective because he had formulated the hypothesis that population increases geometrically while food supplies increase arithmetically.
- The streets are laid out geometrically and the blocks filled with enormous buildings, some of brick and some of fabricated steel.
mid 17th century: via French from Latin geometricus, from Greek geōmetrikos, from geōmetrēs (see geometer).
Más definiciones de geometricDefinición de geometric en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.