Definición de geotaxis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The motion of a motile organism or cell in response to the force of gravity.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It therefore seems that positive phototaxis was stronger than the positive geotaxis as a driving force of cell motility.
- This suggests that the fusion of response observed in geotaxis and phototaxis also exists in more sophisticated forms of navigation.
- They cause a variety of behavioral phenotypes including overall sluggishness and abnormal phototaxis, geotaxis, flight ability, ether recovery, and mating vigor.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The different geotactic behaviour of the two species of cercariae brings them into the ecological range of their different second intermediate hosts.
- The obstacle wall provides a geotactic barrier by presenting a side wall and an obstacle wall with numerous identical elevations.
- The present study was conducted to determine whether A. invadans zoospores show geotactic behaviour compared to other Oomycete genera.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda