Relating to or produced by the internal heat of the earth: some 70 per cent of Iceland’s energy needs are met from geothermal sources
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The internal, or geothermal, heat from within the Earth is responsible for the fact that temperature increases with depth.
- High geothermal activity and high heat flow at shallow levels in the crust are most likely due to aqueous fluids.
- These rocks were later affected by low-grade metamorphism under high geothermal gradients.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Iceland's Blue Lagoon is a shallow lake, geothermally heated, using the run-off from the nearby power station.
- Some megapodes place their eggs in shallow pits or burrows to be warmed geothermally or with sun-warmed sand.
- Females lay eggs only where they can reach geothermally heated sites by digging a tunnel, and where the soil is soft enough to do so.
Definición de geothermal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.