plural sustantivo[treated as singular or plural]
The branch of medicine or social science dealing with the health and care of old people.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All assessments were performed by staff with training in drug safety, including specialists in clinical pharmacology and general medicine, pharmacy, geriatrics, and nursing.
- Professor Black suggested that women tended to be drawn to specialist areas such as geriatrics and palliative care and avoided cardiology and gastroenterology where they would be required to work long hours.
- The private hospitals will not want to take over expensive areas like accident and emergency services or unprofitable sectors like geriatrics or mental health.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the United Kingdom this is largely carried by general practitioners with help from neurologists and geriatricians.
- There were no specific entry criteria other than referral from a geriatrician, most commonly from an acute hospital.
- Dizziness in elderly people is like that, and family physicians, geriatricians, ear, nose and throat specialists, and cardiologists all see its causes differently.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: geri|at¦rics
Definición de geriatrics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda