- The chemical element of atomic number 32, a shiny grey semimetal. Germanium was important in the making of transistors and other semiconductor devices, but has been largely replaced by silicon. (Symbol: Ge)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rorrer's lab aims to incorporate elements such as silicon, germanium, titanium, and gallium into the diatoms' silica shells.
- Recently, alloys of gadolinium, germanium and silicon have produces a much larger effect size of 3 to 4°C per Tesla change.
- Improving the performance of silicon transistors and circuits by adding another semiconductor material is one approach, and silicon germanium is the most popular of the new materials.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin Germanus (see German).
Más definiciones de germaniumDefinición de germanium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.