- Breakdown takes place after a period of rest when seeds germinate and seedlings start growing.
- Dashed segments of the line indicate where viable seeds do not germinate at low temperatures.
- When contaminated seeds are planted, bunt spores germinate in the presence of moisture and infect the wheat seedlings.
- Mrs Perry said pumpkins did not take much work and her daughter had her own greenhouse and had germinated the seeds herself.
- Although windowsills are good places to germinate seeds, they do have some drawbacks.
- One of the ideas was to use empty yoghurt pots to germinate seeds.
- These are tools for helping communities to germinate, develop and extend themselves.
- The idea for Gubu Nation - a collection of more than 50 uniquely Irish tales during the country's development - germinated during this time.
- Through a combination of her determination and solid common sense, the club was fully operational within a few months of the idea germinating.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When highly viable (96% germinative capacity) fresh seeds were incubated in water at a range of constant temperatures, none germinated at 10°C.
- Dormancy is the inability of the viable seed to commence germinative growth even when environmental conditions are physiologically favourable.
- This terminal phase of seed development, called maturation drying, is also known to ensure the switch from a developmental mode to a germinative mode.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This independence has allowed universities across the generations to be the germinators of creativity, reform and innovation.
- These seeds were not induced into secondary dormancy and are classed as germinators.
- The studios cultivated their Gables and Garbos not primarily as acting talents (though some, of course, could act) but as cynosures, publicity garnerers, dream germinators.
Late 16th century: from Latin germinat- 'sprouted forth, budded', from the verb germinare, from germen, germin- 'sprout, seed'.
Palabras que riman con germinateexterminate, terminate, verminate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ger¦min|ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.