Definición de gestate en inglés:
1Carry a fetus in the womb from conception to birth: rabbits gestate for approximately twenty-eight days
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One person - the father - contributes genetic material and the other - the mother - contributes genetic material as well as gestates and gives birth to the child.
- It would be possible for one partner to donate the egg, for the other partner to donate the cell nucleus with its DNA, and for the first partner to gestate and give birth to the child.
- So how close are we to creating fully functioning artificial wombs, capable of gestating a human child from the embryonic stage to the fetal stage to a state of viability?
1.1(Of a fetus) undergo gestation.
- Sometimes you can just see it in their faces, that they want to ask me if I have a fetus gestating in there, but that they don't quite dare.
- The new embryo would then be implanted in the uterus of a pregnant mouse, chimpanzee, or human to gestate until birth.
- In 2170, when the first batch of Gammas was gestating in their artificial wombs, removing the irillium was proposed.
1.2Develop over a long period: a series that has been gestating for three years
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In all the years since then he has been gestating this tremendous book about a city unique not just in Europe, but in the entire history of humanity.
- Fortunately, Oliver likes to gestate her evening-length dances over a long period and says she feels that this process melds well with the demands of university life.
mid 19th century: from Latin gestat- 'carried in the womb', from the verb gestare.
Words that rhyme with gestateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fellate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
Definición de gestate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan