- A large fish-eating crocodile with a long, narrow snout that widens at the nostrils, native to the Indian subcontinent.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gavialis gangeticus, the only member of the family Gavialidae
- A crocodilian is any member of an order of reptiles that includes crocodiles, alligators, caimans, gavials, and related extinct forms.
- Our streams and rivers teem with crocodiles, gharials and a large variety of fish, turtles and dolphins.
- The Indian gharial was excluded from this study.
early 19th century: from Hindi ghaṛiyāl. The spelling gavial (from French) is an alteration probably due to scribal error.
Más definiciones de gharialDefinición de gharial en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.