adjetivo (ghostlier, ghostliest)
Of or like a ghost in appearance or sound; eerie and unnatural: a frightening, ghostly figure with a hood
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A ghostly figure appeared next to Max and stood, watching the band with him.
- Often eerie and ghostly, but always captivating, these songs simply demand your attention.
- Long gone are the days when all it took for a good fright was an unexpected ghostly face to appear onscreen.
ghostlike, spectral, phantom, wraithlike, phantasmal, phantasmic, unearthly, unnatural, supernatural, other-worldly, insubstantial, illusory, unreal, shadowy, eerie, weird, uncanny, mysterious, magical, mystic, strange, abnormal, freakish; frightening, spine-chilling, hair-raising, blood-curdling, scaring, terrifying, petrifying, chilling, sinister; Scottisheldritch
British informal rum
Old English gāstlic, from gāst 'ghost'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are often populated by solitary horses which simultaneously transmit ghostliness and, conversely, surprising weighty presence.
- A towering perennial, which takes on a stately ghostliness by late autumn, it needs a sheltered spot away from strong winds, which might buffet the stems to breaking point.
- Their efforts to make meaningful their cultural memories of their ancestral land often result in crises that awaken them to the ghostliness of their identities as Asian Americans.