Definición de ghostly en inglés:
adjetivo (ghostlier, ghostliest)
Of or like a ghost in appearance or sound; eerie and unnatural: a frightening, ghostly figure with a hood
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A ghostly figure appeared next to Max and stood, watching the band with him.
- Often eerie and ghostly, but always captivating, these songs simply demand your attention.
- Long gone are the days when all it took for a good fright was an unexpected ghostly face to appear onscreen.
ghostlike, spectral, phantom, wraithlike, phantasmal, phantasmic, unearthly, unnatural, supernatural, other-worldly, insubstantial, illusory, unreal, shadowy, eerie, weird, uncanny, mysterious, magical, mystic, strange, abnormal, freakish;
frightening, spine-chilling, hair-raising, blood-curdling, scaring, terrifying, petrifying, chilling, sinister;
British informal rum
Old English gāstlic, from gāst 'ghost'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are often populated by solitary horses which simultaneously transmit ghostliness and, conversely, surprising weighty presence.
- A towering perennial, which takes on a stately ghostliness by late autumn, it needs a sheltered spot away from strong winds, which might buffet the stems to breaking point.
- Their efforts to make meaningful their cultural memories of their ancestral land often result in crises that awaken them to the ghostliness of their identities as Asian Americans.
Palabras que riman con ghostlyMoseley
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán