Definición de ghostly en inglés:
adjetivo (ghostlier, ghostliest)
Of or like a ghost in appearance or sound; eerie and unnatural: a frightening, ghostly figure with a hood
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A ghostly figure appeared next to Max and stood, watching the band with him.
- Often eerie and ghostly, but always captivating, these songs simply demand your attention.
- Long gone are the days when all it took for a good fright was an unexpected ghostly face to appear onscreen.
ghostlike, spectral, phantom, wraithlike, phantasmal, phantasmic, unearthly, unnatural, supernatural, other-worldly, insubstantial, illusory, unreal, shadowy, eerie, weird, uncanny, mysterious, magical, mystic, strange, abnormal, freakish;
frightening, spine-chilling, hair-raising, blood-curdling, scaring, terrifying, petrifying, chilling, sinister;
British informal rum
Old English gāstlic, from gāst 'ghost'.
- Example sentences
- They are often populated by solitary horses which simultaneously transmit ghostliness and, conversely, surprising weighty presence.
- A towering perennial, which takes on a stately ghostliness by late autumn, it needs a sheltered spot away from strong winds, which might buffet the stems to breaking point.
- Their efforts to make meaningful their cultural memories of their ancestral land often result in crises that awaken them to the ghostliness of their identities as Asian Americans.
Words that rhyme with ghostlyMoseley
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia