- Along the north-west coast of Britain, megalithic sites were commonly associated with mythical giants or were giants turned to stone.
- They include goblins, vampires, werewolves, giants, trolls, centaurs, and many more.
- There are stories of mythical fish, giants, time-warped towns, war heroics and bank robberies.
- We hired horses and rode, as Paddy did, between tall forest giants, listening to the jungle buzz and background twitterings.
- Historic parkland in North Yorkshire is now home to some gentle giants of the animal kingdom - a herd of North American bison.
- Not even the tallest of giants could climb over it, as the arch was directly connected to the ceiling.
- In the global South, however, higher risk and lower rates of return mean that the water giants require massive public financing to make privatization work.
- These companies are stock market giants which can turn huge profits on their products, but they do not face the same outright opposition.
- There, Chandler concluded that the management of corporate giants had superseded market mechanisms as the defining element of economic activity.
- He moved quietly among established giants, even though his own talent outstripped that of nearly everyone he played with or against.
- Dawson, who died in 1970, was once hailed as a giant among historians and philosophers of history, but is almost forgotten today.
- The intellectual giants of history may not all have been happy men, but they were all successful men.
- The new Arae Neptune shares the star with two Jovian giants discovered by Butler and company in 2001.
- Like all the other identified extra-solar planets, the body found orbiting the star in the constellation Lyra is a giant.
- The workers are showing their determination to force the giant transport firm to give them a decent rise.
- And I have always been impressed with the immense pride the station's men and women take in the maintenance and efficiency of the giant transport planes.
- Every giant multinational corporation was a seed once.
- In the classroom, they explored the life cycle of the giant moth, tadpoles' transformation into frogs, and plant growth.
- From these reptiles would come some of the greatest creatures in the history of earth; the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the giant sauropods, to name a few.
- This mixture is based on black salt and asefetida, a resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant that has a strong odor of onion and garlic.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unfortunately, Mike is caught by Dr. Badham, and his assistant Angus, a giantlike man with a child's mind.
- He describes their thoughts as giantlike and godlike, stressing the manhood he sees in simply thinking rather than doing.
- I do not know what it was that ailed me, but I was prepared to be alarmed, when of a surety I saw something standing in the hedge, ghastly, giantlike, and with outstretched arms.
Middle English geant (with the first syllable later influenced by Latin gigant-), from Old French, via Latin from Greek gigas, gigant-.
Palabras que riman con giantaffiant, Bryant, client, compliant, defiant, pliant, reliant
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: giant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.