A very large bivalve mollusc that occurs in the tropical Indo-Pacific.
- Family Tridacnidae: several species, including Tridacna gigas, which is the largest living shelled mollusc
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The red-plumed tubeworms and giant clams were nowhere to be seen.
- The photograph below actually depicts a giant clam, Tridacna, from the south Pacific, but notice the pink encrusting material on the outsides of the shell.
- Whales, sea turtles, crocodiles, giant clams, manta rays, and dugongs also ply the peninsula's waters.
Definición de giant clam en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.