A European fungus which produces a spherical white fruiting body with a diameter of up to 80 cm, edible when young.
- Langermannia gigantea, family Lycoperdaceae, class Gasteromycetes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neil Pullen, the Swindon wildlife officer for the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, confirmed that the fungi were giant puffballs.
- Fungi vary in size from single-cell micro-organisms, too small to be seen by the naked eye, to the giant puffball.
- Leaving the cliffs was a wrench, but the way back through the hinterland was pleasant if relatively plain, a bridge over the abandoned railway line, decent farms, a giant puffball, good track, a quiet lane, no complaints.
Definición de giant puffball en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.