- A colourless mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium hydroxide, occurring chiefly as a constituent of bauxite or in encrustations.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The remaining clay component from the limestone can be further altered by these acids and, over time, it is converted to aluminium oxyhydroxide minerals such as gibbsite, diaspore, and boehmite.
- ‘This particular sample is a cryptocrystalline stalactitic aggregate, composed of concentric layers of gibbsite of variable purity.’
- Its structure is predicted from the known structures of nordstrandite and gibbsite on the basis of similarities in X-ray precession photographs in two zones.
early 19th century: named after George Gibbs (1776–1833), American mineralogist, + -ite1.
Más definiciones de gibbsiteDefinición de gibbsite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.