- The couple decided to forego wedding presents and gifts totalling £900 were handed over to the hospital.
- The toasts were made, the wedding gifts presented, and finally we dined.
- I'll get you your final pay together as well as a bonus as a wedding gift, to help things along.
- To be a Christian is always both a gift and a task.
- For some, it's a gift - and the opportunity to recover while off from school or work.
- These were good examples of him being handed the gift of an easy win.
- Yet the core of Boyd's ability, the essence of his talent, is his gift for finishing.
- Advertising folks who do this best have a natural gift for empathizing with the customers they hope to seduce.
- She had a natural gift for it and has kept with it.
- For those who wish to gift a pen to the loved one, it has introduced a red roller ball-pen in an attractive package, with Valentine hearts printed all over.
- Couples select a group of charities and each guest chooses to gift a donation to the charity of their choice.
- Rather, the goods passing hands were priceless jewels and ornaments gifted by foreign rulers, and at stake was the reputation and future of the monarchy.
- It was the last bottle of the champagne we were gifted with for our reception.
- We have no way of providing a new shelter unless someone or some organisation gifts us with a building.
- You are fêted by kings and presidents when you win an Olympic medal; you are gifted with bungalows and cars.
- You can teach somebody and school them to be an actor but to be a very good actor you must have stage presence and Des has been gifted with that.
- He kept stoking the fire of his intellect and did a successful job of blending it with the artistic talent he has been gifted with to reach where he is today.
- Hailing from a musical family has gifted him with an ear for sound.
- A desperately poor pass from Jerry Collins gifted a try for them in the second quarter.
- A poor pass went to ground gifting a try to centre Tony Waite with Grayshon adding his second conversion with the last kick of the match.
- A goalkeeping error to gift a goal, a man dismissed, and a 2-1 defeat in their opening tie.
the gift of the gab
- see gab.
the gift of tongues
- see tongue.
in the gift of
- (Of a Church living or official appointment) in the power of (someone) to award: nine seats in parliament were now in his giftMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Labour delegates have it in their gift today to hold their leaders to account and uphold the cause of peace and self-determination.
- It's something he has had to deal with but, then, it is in his gift to do so.
- The row began when the church questioned whether the Queen had ever bestowed the highest honour in her gift, the Order of the Thistle, on a Catholic.
don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- proverb Don’t find fault with something that you have discovered or been given.Prospective purchasers would often inspect the condition of a horse's teethOraciones de ejemplo
- Ah well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?
- I doubt whether there are any famous people or people of high standing living in the community, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth and grab this golden opportunity while it is still there.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We also examined customers’ views of the giftable candy category and their desired relationship with a candy manufacturer.
- Though a revamped marketing approach boosted giftable sales by 20 per cent in 2005, year-end results were disappointing.
A word related to give (Old English) and deriving from Old Norse gipt. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth is a proverb that goes back to the 16th century (in the form do not look a given horse in the mouth), but it can be found even earlier in a 5th-century Latin version in the writings of St Jerome. A common way of estimating a horse's age is to look at the state of its teeth, so if you were buying a horse you might want to have a good look into its mouth first. If someone gave you a horse as a present, it might seem ungrateful to start checking how old it was.
Palabras que riman con giftadrift, drift, grift, lift, rift, shift, shrift, sift, squiffed, swift, thrift, uplift
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gift
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: GIFT
Definición de gift en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.