1The process of applying gold leaf or gold paint.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gold leaf used in gilding is made in much the same way.
- The dome restoration was made possible by two private gifts that funded all of the gold leaf used in the gilding as well as other parts of the restoration.
- With this in mind she was determined to completely remove all dirt and corrosion from the domes before the gilding began and pioneered a method to do so.
1.1The material used in, or the surface produced by, gilding: any flaws in the surface will show through the gilding
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Later dessert flatware, whether matching the dinner service or not, often had extra embellishment in the form of gilding and/or engraving.
- The public rooms are short on marble and gilding, and long on rustic wood panelling.
- The Rococo style, characterized by lavish ornamentation, organic forms and the use of gilding, grew to its height in 18th century France.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gild|ing
Definición de gilding en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda