Definición de gingerbread en inglés:
1Cake made with treacle or syrup and flavoured with ginger.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The castle's chefs are also responsible for the coffee shop fare - look out for fruit cakes, gingerbread and daily specials.
- This involved all kinds of sweetmeats, tarts, spiced cakes, and gingerbread, consumed with sweet wines.
- I can imagine Dorothy taking out the ginger to make gingerbread which her brother liked so much.
2 [often as modifier] Elaborate or ornate decoration, especially on the eaves or porch of a building: a high-gabled gingerbread house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet artists and agents, poets, publishers and refugees from war-torn Europe vied for invitations to pass through that gingerbread porch and spend an evening in New York's most fashionable salon.
- These 50 hectares are decorated with gingerbread pavilions and bridges; its paths are fringed by gracious palm trees.
- Small it was, with a picturesque inn, gingerbread houses, and a stinking brewery looming over the landscape a few miles outside of town.
take the gilt off the gingerbread
- British Make something no longer attractive or desirable.Oraciones de ejemplo
- I have achieved my goal of swimming a mile in a session but I can't stop myself from deducting a yard from every other length, which takes the gilt off the gingerbread.
- I am sure the fact that he's being included to ‘add interest’ (so help us) will in no way take the gilt off the gingerbread for him.
- Rather takes the gilt off the gingerbread doesn't it?
Palabras que riman con gingerbreadpure-bred
Definición de gingerbread en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán