sustantivo (plural ginglymi /-mʌɪ/)Anatomy
- A hinge-like joint such as the elbow or knee, which allows movement in only one plane.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some people have very strong ginglymi.
- The knee-joint was formerly described as a ginglymus or hinge-joint, but is really of a much more complicated character.
- At the junction on each side of trochantin and post-clypeus is a concave process for articulation with the ginglymus of the mandible.
late 16th century: modern Latin, from Greek ginglumos 'hinge'.
Más definiciones de ginglymusDefinición de ginglymus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.