Definición de girth en inglés:
1 [mass noun] The measurement around the middle of something, especially a person’s waist: idle men of great girth an ivy-clad tree of immense girth [count noun]: a pike with a girth of 24 inches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Measuring ten metres in girth, weighing 23 tons and knocking on a bit at about 800 years old, the tree is an impressive - if ungainly - sight.
- His immense height and girth made him seem like a bull, enraged and ready to charge.
- Waist and hip girths were measured standing, at the level of the umbilicus and the level of maximal gluteal protrusion, respectively.
1.1A person’s waist or stomach, especially when large: he tied the knotted towels around his girth
2A band attached to a saddle and fastened around a horse’s belly to keep the saddle in place.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So even if the girth gives, the saddle will stay on the horse's back.
- Leading him to a tree and commanding him to halt she hefted the saddle on and fastened the girth.
- Put the saddle on the horse, but don't tighten the girth too much right away.
North American cinch
verbo[with object] archaic Volver al principio
Palabras que riman con girthberth, birth, dearth, earth, firth, mirth, Perth, worth
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda