- 1(Of fruit) preserved in sugar: a glacé cherryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In some fancy versions, these are omitted from the bottom, which is covered with a decorative arrangement of glacé fruit with a layer of jelly cementing it into a mosaic.
- When I was a kid there would always be a box of glacé fruit at Christmas which largely remained uneaten and which I would not have touched in a million years.
- She left out the glacé cherries because she couldn't abide the sticky things, substituting dates, which she loved.
- 2(Of cloth or leather) smooth and highly polished.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I bought them instantly, in slightly more practical black, plus another style in red glacé leather.
mid 19th century: French, literally 'iced', past participle of glacer, from glace 'ice'.
Más definiciones de glacéDefinición de glacé en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.