sustantivo (plural igual /-sɪz, -siːz/)
- 1A bank sloping down from a fort which exposes attackers to the defenders' missiles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Built in the glacis style, there is no berm but a continuous 11 m. slope from the ditch bottom to the bank top.
- Its purpose was that of a glacis of an ancient castle.
- Abutting the glacis of the Acropolis at Athens is the great theatre of Dionysis.
- 2 (also glacis plate) A sloping piece of armour plate protecting part of a vehicle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If it is pushed out of alignment by the glacis plate, it will detonate the mine underneath the belly of the AFV.
- The glacis plate and nose of the hull have been upgraded with the addition of passive armour and the turret has been fitted with stand-off armour.
- Other changes included adding a gun shield, a searchlight, an antipersonnel round, and belly armor that extended from the lower front glacis to about the middle of the vehicle.
late 17th century: from French, from Old French glacier 'to slip', from glace 'ice', based on Latin glacies.
Más definiciones de glacisDefinición de glacis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.